Thursday, 8 April 2010

FASHION SHOOT




















Last Thursday I had a fashion shoot for my creations from my last 3 projects. It went reallllly well because the weather was great!! I worked with Jon Stanley Austin who is an amazing photographer who I have worked with on a few occasions, he was brilliant with directing the model into great poses and chose the locations. He wanted to play about with shadow and use the sun seeing as it was out for once!! I also worked with Freda Lil Ellis, Hair & Make up artist. I have also worked with Freda on a lot of my shoots because we have a very similar taste and work well together and the make up always looks flawless. She can do any look whether it be heavy and dramatic or soft and neutral. My model was aceeeeeeeeeeee!! She's called Kelly Thomas and I've known her for a few years, she modelled for one of my first ever shoots back in 2008 (I think..) when I made all my metallic crazy dresses. She used to be a brunette but recently has gone firey red so I thought this would really work.

So these are some of the final shots. I am SOOO pleased. I originally intended on getting some really simple front, back & side shots but these more editorial style ones are ace and I'm a happy little woman.

ALSO I've just made a new fan page on facebook so I can update that with photo's and things I've been up to so please join :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=743430217&ref=ts#!/pages/Mary-Benson-Fashion-Designer/109983872364017?ref=ts

Photography: Jon Stanley Austin www.jonstanleyaustin.com

Hair & Make up: Freda Lil Ellis

Model: Kelly Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment